1password and google password manager simultaneously

Options
extrafeinripp
extrafeinripp
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey guys,
i have always used both 1password and google passwordmanager at the same time. Prior to Version 8, this was apparently possible without any major hassle.
I had to update to version 8 in the last months and i found myself completely neglecting 1password due to the fact that i would have to use it exclusively for everything, which simply does not work for me and my workflow.
(This is a dicussion for another topic, but for me personally, 1password is far inferior to googles password manager in terms of seamless integration to chrome+android as well as HTTP logins. However 1password is king in terms of keeping things tidy and organized)

So to keep it simple and short: is there **any **way to revert back to the old way of having 2 password managers run simultaneously (reading passwords via rightclick menu, prompt saving password when needed) ?

1Password Version: 8.9.12-4
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10, latest Version
Browser:_ Chrome Version 108.0.5359.125

Comments

• Hey @extrafeinripp,

Here are the steps to enables Chrome's autofill alongside 1Password:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Addresses and more (or Payment methods) and allow Chrome to autofill.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.