Master Password No Longer Works (1Password7)

Options
coryd89
coryd89
Community Member

Hi all,

I subscribed to 1Password a couple years ago and have had no issues using it up until now. My master password that I set up when creating my account has also not been changed and I have it written down elsewhere/have used it multiple times when FaceID didn’t work for whatever reason.

The other day I was prompted for password once again on my iPhone 12 Pro but the app wouldn’t take it. I’m able to use FaceID to get into my account on my iPad but cannot change my password from there and I cannot log in via browser to change my password there either. It’s as though my password has changed on it’s own.

It’s possible that this began after updating from iOS15 to 16.2 on my iPhone.

Thankfully I’m able to see all of my passwords on iPad so I can write them down but it seems my only solution at this point is to delete my account completely and go through setting up everything again? I won’t be doing that so I thought I’d ask here first just in case there’s another option I’m not aware of. Any and all help is appreciated.

One last thing: On my iPad (where I can log in with FaceID) it shows my master password in the archive. This is the password I have been trying to use without success. I am confident I’ve not changed this password up until now. If someone else has, am I correct in thinking I would have been notified via e-mail?

1Password Version: 7.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 16.2
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @coryd89

We can't help you with account-related issues, including your account password, on the 1Password Support Community. I'd suggest sending us an email at support@1password.com containing a link to this thread and our team will be able to help you in private. They'll reply to your email as soon as they can.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.