Finding untagged entries

jdeluyck
jdeluyck
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using 1Password 8.9.12 (beta) and I'm trying to find entries that have no tags. According to the docs you should be able to type "tags:" in the search field, but this finds nothing at all. Actually, even using "tags:" doesn't find anything.

How can I list these up under Linux?

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hey there @jdeluyck

You can use =untagged: to find items with no tag. There's a list of similar search filters here:

Search 1Password to find what you need # Search filters

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• jdeluyck
    jdeluyck
    Community Member

Oh, I feel so stupid :D I found that article, but never read past the '=tag:' part. Didn't even see the "=untagged:". Thanks!

Perhaps a slight followup: is it possible to re-tag a bunch of entries? I found some old posts online (1P 7.x) that you could select a bunch, right click and adjust the tags, but that doesn't work in my client.

• @jdeluyck

Glad to help. To add a tag to multiple items, you can select them, then drag them on to a tag in the sidebar. If you don't have tags visible in the sidebar, open Settings with Ctrl-comma, then go to the Appearance tab and turn on Tags in the sidebar at the bottom. You can rename tags by right-clicking them in the sidebar, which will update on all items already tagged.

Hope that does the job. I'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.