Should I upgrade to macOS Ventura if I am using 1Password 8?

Options
tsmelker65
tsmelker65
Community Member

I have heard that macOS Ventura uses all-new Passkeys, but I have heard that 1Password 8 won't support this change until the first quarter of 2023. Is it better to wait until 1Password is updated to cover this change before upgrading to macOS Ventura?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 12.6.1
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:Should I upgrade to macOS Ventura if I am using 1Password 8?

Comments

• Hi there @tsmelker65

You should upgrade to macOS Ventura on your Mac if you can to make sure you're running the latest version of macOS available to you.

We're planning to add passkey support to 1Password early next year, but that won't cause a problem with macOS's passkey support just because it's not there yet. The two systems will most likely run very separately so there won't be anything to worry about there.

I've been using macOS Ventura since it was in beta, and 1Password 8 has worked just fine. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• Flyguytonto
    Flyguytonto
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey ~ Looks to me like there may have been an unfinished sentence in that reply... "The two systems will most likely run very separately so there [most likely?] won't be anything to worry about there." I only say this because I'm experiencing a deep web of complications with my 1Password v8.9.11 on Ventura.

• Hi @Flyguytonto,

I think Grey was referring to how passkeys will be supported. If you're open to sharing more about what you're experiencing with 1Password 8 on Ventura currently, I'm happy to help troubleshoot. 🙂

• Flyguytonto
    Flyguytonto
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Andrew. It's possible you and I may have already communicated recently. I'm going back and forth with Laura at the moment. Would like to see that through before reaching in other directions. Again... thanks! :-)

• I think you're right, @Flyguytonto, small world!

While I'm glad to see you here on the 1Password Support Community with us, I'm confident you're in good hands with Laura. 😊

This discussion has been closed.