Face ID Not Working [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

Comments

• benmcmurry
    benmcmurry
    Community Member

I’m so disturbed by this that 1Password May have just lost a customer. How has this not been fixed for more than 4 months now?

• msimons
    msimons
    Community Member

Face ID in 1P8 for iOS worked fine for me until the beginning of December. Since then I had to authenticate 1P with my Master Password without fail either using it through Autofill or standalone. This is so frustrating!

It has killed the app for me. In utter despair, I have now re-installed 1P7 through my "previous purchases" in the iOS Appstore. Reading this thread makes me think 1P has lost the plot and has inadvertently killed their great app. How come this has not been fixed in over 5 months? Convenience is the one functionality that people use a password manager for in the first place. Doubt they want us to go back to simple Master Passwords...

• MG25612023
    MG25612023
    Community Member

Face ID not working properly on iPhone 12 Pro. Keeps asking for password even though Face ID has been chosen. Works for a day or so and then same issue. Sent diagnostic.

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member

Hi All - did you check the other slightly older thread for similar Face ID issue: Face ID Not Working [This is a known issue that our developers are working to fix]?

• Bummie91
    Bummie91
    Community Member

Face ID not working on iPhone 13. Uninstalled and re-installed the app multiple times to no avail. Very frustrating. Also cannot remove persistent previous accounts on iOS. 1password 8 seems to be very buggy

• sponda
    sponda
    Community Member

1Password 7 ❤️

Because of this Face ID problem, my wife and I had to go back to 1Password 7, and strangely that was positive 😅. The app is native, simple and quick!

• Hi all,

Code has been written to address the issues with biometrics on iOS. We've been held up by unforeseen roadblocks on getting updates shipped on that platform, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I expect we'll be able to push the changes that have been made in the near future. Unfortunately I am still not in a position to say exactly when that'll be.

As some folks have alluded above things are already better in the beta, and we've made further improvements beyond that.

There is an end in sight. I appreciate your patience as we work toward getting these fixes in your hands, and apologize for the lack of regular updates in this thread. There just hasn't been much to say beyond what was already said.

Ben

• That's the latest update @milkaCH. I'm sorry I don't have anything further to add.

Ben

• depackofchilis
    depackofchilis
    Community Member

This is absolutely absurd and inexcusable. I have spent hours trying to resolve and sent numerous diagnostic reports with no reply. Bugs are one thing but horrible service, lying, failure to reply is inexcusable. Goodbye 1PW.

• dchiuten
    dchiuten
    Community Member

Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like Apple is holding up approval of their latest app update for some reason, and Ben can’t elaborate for fear of angering Apple. It could be that Apple wants a bigger cut of 1p’s revenue - holding up app updates is a common tactic they use against developers for this reason.

• hardybird
    hardybird
    Community Member

Dear lord, I am currently testing 1Password. Between reading about this MAJOR malfunction being unremediated for 5 months AND the inability to export ALL data to a STANDARD format (csv) used by most other pw manager vendors - I am unfortunately shying away from switching to 1Password.

• Whathappened
    Whathappened
    Community Member

I have had my first iPhone for about 3 months now. The face ID to unlock my 1Password worked just fine until I reset my settings about a week ago. How in the world is this even possible? I reset it to default, and it bricked the feature... for one app?

• joshray
    joshray
    Community Member

Whats the latest version of the Beta? Is it 8.9.9? They haven't updated their release page either.

• shawnye
    shawnye
    Community Member

Luckily got 1P 8.9.9 RC 1 and now FaceID works as fine as it should be.

• dchiuten
    dchiuten
    Community Member

@shawnye how did you manage to get in?

• shawnye
    shawnye
    Community Member

@dchiuten Just visit their TestFlight page randomly and you might get a chance todo so. See releases.1password.com for the link.

• sc250024
    sc250024
    Community Member

Still facing this issue on iPad running 16.2. I had to do a settings reset, and FaceID hasn't worked since then. All other applications worked fine once I went through their FaceID re-init.

• Joelc
    Joelc
    Community Member

I cannot belie that this problem is back. It would be wonderful to get it fixed permanently.

Good to know that it should be released on the next release.

Question: Was this not tested before releasing new versions?

• foxted
    foxted
    Community Member

@Ben Looks like the beta program is full. Hopefully that release will be globally available soon!

• lstrovas
    lstrovas
    Community Member

Is there any update on the Face ID issue? Last post I saw was from Sept 2022, it’s now Jan 2023. Hoping this gets fixed soon!

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Just read Dave's newsletter. He sings praises of versions 8, but leaves out any mention of the face id issue that has been dragging out for far too long.

This discussion has been closed.