"reveal" shows passwords with case inverted (lower and upper are switched)

When clicking reveal on the pop up in the chrome extension the password is shown with case inverted (upper becomes lower case an vice versa) but you have to use the correct case to login so it seems to be only a visualisation problem? Automatically filling in the password works too, so only the reveal function shows it inverted.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: windows 11
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:reveal shows passwords with case inverted (lower and upper are switched)

Comments

• @wintermute314

I am unable to replicate this behavior. Have you trued a complete quit of your browser? Is this localized to a single site? If so, can you share a link to the site so I can try additional testing?

• wintermute314
    wintermute314
    Community Member

it was on amazon.com here is a picture of my partial pwd (i have changed it since). The case is inversed

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2022

@wintermute314

Did or rather do you have any special characters in the name at the time? If so, can you duplicate the item and remove them? Once complete does the item appear correctly. * Be sure to keep your original item safe to prevent potential data loss.

Thanks,

• wintermute314
    wintermute314
    Community Member

No, just numbers a hyphen and letters. I tried to reproduce it with a less important site so I could give you more info but I didnt succeed in reproducing it.

This discussion has been closed.