Error in retrieving the secrets from 1Password in GitHub Actions using secrets automation

Options
santhoshnc
santhoshnc
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Secrets Automation

Hi Team, I am getting this below mentioned error while retrieving the secrets in GitHub Actions from 1Password using "Load-secrets-action".

Run 1password/load-secrets-action@v1

/usr/bin/sh -c /home/runner/work/_actions/1password/load-secrets-action/v1/entrypoint.sh

Authenticated with CONNECT

Archive: op.zip

extracting: /usr/local/bin/op.sig

inflating: /usr/local/bin/op

Populating variable: SECRET

Error: 2023/01/02 13:39:51 could not read secret op://demo1/sample-password/password: could not retrieve vaults: decoding response: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value

Error: The process '/usr/bin/sh' failed with exit code 1

Kindly assist in this case. I got the same error while using the Terraform modules as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• rbertram
    rbertram
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here as well. (More or less - using the github action script in a gitlab-ci environment). op --version is 2.12.0

• Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. Based on the error log I suspect that your request is not hitting Connect and instead some other service like the load balance, nginx, etc. This is due to the invalid character < looking for beginning of value error, that suggest that you receiving an html body rather than a json response. What happens if you curl $OP_CONNECT_HOST/health?

This discussion has been closed.