1P8: Offline vaults?

JimsEvilTwin
JimsEvilTwin
Community Member

I was having frequent crashes of 1P7 on my Win10 desktop so I made the move to 1P8. I've lost some functionality and would like to inquire if they are in the works for 1P8?

I use three vaults. The first is a "Mobile" vault which all my 1P devices have access to. The second is an "Archive," stored only on my desktop for reference but not part of most searches. The third is "Private," also desktop-only and contains the most-sensitive info. So for security's sake, I only have one vault in the cloud and effectively, my mobile devices are in permanent Travel mode though my desktop has full-time access to all vaults. I do regular backups, and I accept having limited access to my non-Mobile vaults and thus having to do "sensitive" vault usage only from home. Can I recreate this setup in 1P8? I was immediately apprehensive about seeing all my vaults on my phone once I upgraded, but the 1P7 crashes make me not want to go back there.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 19044.2364
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @JimsEvilTwin !

Local vaults are not working in 1Password 8! So you have to use a 1Password membership, only. Or you could stay with v7 and use your local vaults, too.

• JimsEvilTwin
    JimsEvilTwin
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick response.

When you say "local vaults are not working in 1P8," do you mean that this is a planned feature for 1P8, or is 1P8 going to be online-only for the foreseeable future?

• Hello @JimsEvilTwin,

Thanks for message and reply. 1Password 8 does not have the option view local vaults and is based solely on a 1Password membership, as @DenalB mentioned. I wanted provide a link to a thread that discusses the topic of local vaults.

With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can continue to use 1Password 7, it’s best to use the latest version of 1Password that includes all the latest features and security updates.

Since it sounds like you are using a combination of a 1Password account and local storage, I'd suggest contacting Customer Support via email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com if you need help migrating any of your data.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.