is 1password windows desktop single user?

Options
wintermute314
wintermute314
Community Member

When choosing "Open in new window" in the Chrome extension, 1password tries to open the desktop version but you cannot choose the 1 password user only enter a password. My wife and I both use the same computer with one windows login but with different chrome profiles.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows11
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:is 1password desktop single user?

Comments

• Hello @wintermute314,

Thanks for your question.

When using 1Password 8 for Windows and 1Password in the browser in separate Chrome profiles, the extension communicates with the account currently signed into the 1Password 8 app, when the Integrate with 1Password app option is enabled in browser profile. Only one user can be signed into the app at a time. Give this a try to help:
    1. Open Chrome and right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    2. Under the General heading, disable Integrate with 1Password app.

If you are both planning using 1Password in the browser and the 1Password 8 for Windows app, you should use separate Windows accounts. Otherwise, you would need to sign out and back in to the desktop client for each user: Sign out of 1Password

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• digitalatlas
    digitalatlas
    Community Member
    Options

I hope this can be added in the future as a "feature" in which the account associated with Windows app can be switched more seamlessly. I assume this may conflict with the ability to sign in using Windows Hello...but the reality is that it seems like many people share PCs using the same OS account. This is just more convenient when everyone in the household is not a tech wiz.

• wintermute314
    wintermute314
    Community Member
    Options

Thx! but I concur with digitalatlas's comment above. As most of our digital life seems to be in the web, a single shared windows account seems to suffice. We differentiate by having separate chrome profiles.

• Hi folks, thanks for your feedback.

As it happens, we do have an open feature request for this - and I have just added votes on both your behalf. 👍

Thank you again for letting us know how you'd like us to improve the app experience, and if there's anything else we can do, just let us know!

ref: IDEA-I-280

This discussion has been closed.