Security question and urgent support needed

Options
support20
support20
Community Member

Hello, I accidentally saved a few account passwords to a shared vault instead of my personal vault. I did NOT create the family account that has a shared vault and 2 personal vaults. If the person deletes the family account, will my personal vault be frozen or not active? It's my understanding that the person who created the family vault cannot view my private vault, please confirm this. Should I create my own account and move my personal vault from the family account to my personal account? Please advise and I appreciate any immediate support as this is urgent.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS12.5.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @support20

If a family organizer deletes the membership that your account is part of, then all data inside would be deleted as well. If you do not trust them to not do this, it would be wise to consider a separate membership that you alone control.

Family organizers cannot see the contents of other users built-in personal/private vaults, but they can access any shared/user-created vaults.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• support20
    support20
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben thank you for your comment. This is very helpful. I just created a new account and downloaded 1password version 8 to migrate my data over per the instructions.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. Enjoy!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.