I Have 1Password 7 working great. Can I keep this version while installing and using Version 8?

Options
rob_tracy
rob_tracy
Community Member

I want to keep both versions in case there is error in upgrading to version 8.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I Have 1Password 7 working great. Can I keep this version while installing and using Version 8?

Comments

• Hey @rob_tracy

I want to keep both versions in case there is error in upgrading to version 8.

You can certainly do this. Once you get 1Password 8 installed and can view all data within the newly installed app, you can safely remove 1Password 7. If you have not already and have a 1Password account, save a copy of your Emergency Kit before moving any further.
    https://support.1password.com/emergency-kit/

I hope this helps and Happy Holidays! :)

• rob_tracy
    rob_tracy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Joshua

• @rob_tracy On Joshua's behalf, you're very welcome. :)

• FrankGtech
    FrankGtech
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

@rob_tracy @GreyM1P
    When I installed 1Password 8 in macOS Ventura in late December, it removed the 1Password 7 Safari extension and zipped the 1Password 7 app.
    I'd still like to use the 1Password 7 app, because it allows reordering fields within a record - which I use regularly and find extremely useful.
    Can I safely unzip and use the 1Password 7 Mac app, as long as I remove/don't restore the v7 Safari extension?

thanks

• @FrankGtech

It's not recommended, but yes, this should work. I'd recommend completely quitting 1Password 8 first before opening 1Password 7, and completely quitting 1Password 7 before reopening 1Password 8. This should help avoid any conflicts with 1Password in the browser.

This discussion has been closed.