To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I need to store a PW and PIN to access my Insurance Account. How do I store both under one entry?

jvg
jvg
Community Member

One of the login credentials for a website I use requires a User name, Password, then ask for a PIN. The PIN is fixed, so how to I store both the Password and PIN, they are both entered on a separate screen. Is the the same as multi-factor authentication? I don't think it is.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

No you need to add an extra additional field (the "Add More" button in the item in 1Password app) - I'd use a password one so its always obfuscated. Rename it the same as what the website calls it (e.g. PIN or Verification Code, or whatever).

However in v8 I don't think you can move the field to a more logical place anymore - in v7 and earlier you could move it up and have it directly before or after your password field - but in v8 you will just have to leave it further down the list.

• jvg
    jvg
    Community Member

Thank you Mycenius!

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

No problem.

Rename it the same as what the website calls it (e.g. PIN or Verification Code, or whatever).

P.S. Doing the above might help 1PW auto-recognise it to the (auto) fill the extra PIN field when you log in - but not 100% sure - you'd have to try it and see. Otherwise might need some input from one of the 1PW forum support team.

• Hi there @jvg

As @Mycenius has mentioned (thanks!), you can use the "+ add more" button to add additional fields while editing.

If you want to add more fields to autofill in your browser, then the best way to do this is by following the steps shown here:

Save and fill passwords in your browser # If you need to save additional fields on a website

Fields added this way will have much more success in being autofilled later than those added manually. Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.