Two-Factor Authentication on 2nd Device

Options
zkaps
zkaps
Community Member

I use Microsoft's Authenticator app on my iPhone for 1Password two-factor authentication. I have a new iPad and would like to add 1Password two-factor authentication on the iPad. When I logon to my account on 1Password.com, I don't see a way to generate a QR code I can scan with my iPad.

How do I add two-factor authentication to this 2nd device ? Steps please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @zkaps

It sounds like you might be getting confused between having two-factor authentication turned on for your 1Password account and using 1Password to generate one-time passwords for other services.

It sounds like you have two-factor authentication turned on for your 1Password account, using Microsoft Authenticator. If so, you should enter a one-time password (6-digit number) produced by Microsoft Authenticator when prompted as you sign in to your 1Password account on your iPad.

Using two-factor authentication for your 1Password account applies to your account, not to individual devices, so you don't need to set it up again for your iPad.

I hope that answers your question fully, but please do let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

— Grey

• zkaps
    zkaps
    Community Member
    Options

As you're suggesting, I had tried signing-on to 1Password on the iPad using a 6-digit code from MS Authenticator but it wasn't working thus my post thinking that I was doing something wrong. I fixed the problem by turning-off 2-factor authentication and then turning it back on.
    Thanks.

• @zkaps

I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.