Chrome - "attempted to downgrade extension"

Hi... I'm running Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m and 1password for windows 1.0.9.BETA-311

I lost my icon in chrome to access 1password

I followed the instructions on a different posting which didn't fix the problem. I checked to be sure I was running up to date apps for both.

any ideas?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Dave, I'm not sure I understand the issue. Please make sure that the 1Password extension is removed from Chrome's extension list and then try reinstalling it from 1Password's preferences again. As described on the extension download page, you'll need to drag the CRX file onto Chrome's extension list to install it.

Can you tell me where in that process you are getting stuck and what specifically you are [not] seeing happen? With some more details I'm sure I can provide you with more specific assistance.

Thanks!
  • DaveRo
    DaveRo
    Community Member
    When I was "dragging" the Chrome 1password extension from the folder to Chrome, I was getting an error in Chrome: "attempted to downgrade extension". I followed the directions in an earlier posting and the problem continued. Ultimately, I decided to uninstall and re-install Chrome. That fixed the problem.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well now. One thing that may have caused it is if you had a beta version installed and were trying to "downgrade" to the stable version without uninstalling the beta extension first. Of course, it is also possible that Chrome was mistaken. Please do let me know if you have any further trouble.
This discussion has been closed.