Feature Request: Dead/Invalid Cards

Options
mgk99
mgk99
Community Member

I have a large number of login cards that simply are no longer valid as in the URL contained in the card points to a site that is no longer in existence and is dead.

Create a new section in WatchTower called "Invalid Sites" and show me all sites that are no longer valid so I can cleanup and mass delete all of the cards that are no longer good and cluttering my vault.

Ideally you could connect to the site and verify you receive a 200 OK response, but at the very least simply perform a DNS lookup to see if the domain name still even exists.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@mgk99

My two cents...

This could result in for some thousands of DNS lookups, which must be repeated periodically (as cached DNS records are valid for relatively short durations). Furthermore, a valid A record doesn't mean a site is functional. And temporary DNS failures need to be repeated. Add to that all the HTTP requests, handling temporary errors, redirects, etc.

My personal feeling is that this is the type of thing you resolve if / when you encounter it. If a site dies for which you have a Login record, you will either never notice (because you haven't cared about it in a decade), or you'll notice it one day while asking yourself if freecatshipping.com still exists, and does your login there still work (because, of course you want a new cat shipped overnight).

• mgk99
    mgk99
    Community Member
    Options

I was envisioning more of a manually user-initiated event that would kick off the review in the background and notify the user when it has completed the checks. Not an automated check every X days/hours which certainly would cause a large amount of unnecessary chatter.

This discussion has been closed.