"Invalid" key when I downloaded IPW 8 onto laptop with Windows 11 after update from Windows 10

Options
intern
intern
Community Member

I had 1PW on a laptop that I updated Window 10 to Windows 11. After the update was completed, 1PW was no longer on the Laptop.

I then downloaded 1PW Version 8. I was asked to log in and provide the secret Key. I got the key from the emergency kit however despite triple checking the key for typos and case sensitivity it continues to say "Iinvalid key".

It instructed me to go to another device and click on "Setup Another Device". However, I could not find the "SetUp' tab on the Desktop 1PW. I clicked on very thing on the top and the sides without luck.

1) How do I get 1PW to work on the Laptop when it won't accept the correct key?
2) How do I find (step by step please) the "Setup Another Device" tab on the Desktop, for future reference?
3) Why / What happened to the 1PW that was on Windows 10?

Thank you,
Sam

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Key read as invalid when I downloaded IPW 8 onto laptop with Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @intern! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've encountered with 1Password since updating your laptop to Windows 11.

To access the Set Up Another Device option in the 1Password 8 desktop app, open and unlock the app, then click on All Accounts (or the name of your account) at the top of the sidebar. Set Up Another Device will be the third option from the bottom of the list.

Without knowing more about your device and the update process you followed, it's hard to say why 1Password wasn't present after updating to Windows 11. If you'd like us to look into this further, or if you're still having trouble signing in after using the Set Up Another Device option, I'd like to ask you to send in an email to support+forum@1password.com, so we can discuss more specifics about your setup.

With your email please include:

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.