To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Error when importing 1Password 6 CSV to 1Password 8

Options
jthreadgill
jthreadgill
Community Member

I have exported my 1Password v6.8.9 data to a CSV, and am trying to import that data into 1Password v8.9.11

However, when I drag the CSV to 1Password 8 to import it, I keep getting an error that says:

"The provided CSV contains an unbalanced quote on line 177, column 66."

I tried opening the CSV and saving it as a different type of CSV file, but I get the same error. What should I try next?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• jthreadgill
    jthreadgill
    Community Member
    Options

Oops, I forgot to include that I'm trying to import from 1Password v6.8.9 to v8.9.11

• Hello @jthreadgill! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble importing items from 1Password 6. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our dedicated migrations team can help you get all of your items into 1Password 8. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• jthreadgill
    jthreadgill
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, here's the support ID: #ZMI-98354-443

• @jthreadgill

Thank you for posting the Support ID! I've moved the ticket to the correct team and you'll get a reply from one of my colleagues via email as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: ZMI-98354-443

This discussion has been closed.