Edit button not always visible

Options
BforBen
BforBen
Community Member

The edit button is not always visible when viewing an entry.

Steps to reproduce

1. View an item and note the blue edit button is visible at the top of the app. The top toolbar consists of the back button, blue edit button and the 3 vertical dots to open the menu
  2. Switch to a different app e.g. by clicking the url of the entry to open the browser
  3. Return to 1Password
  4. Note the blue edit button is now not visible. The top toolbar consists of the back button, the text "Items" and the 3 vertical dots.
  5. If you interact with the password field (not any of the other fields) e.g. to copy, reveal or conceal the entry, the text "Items" disappears and the blue edit button returns.

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BforBen, thanks for writing in and letting us know this has been an issue for you.

I can see we have an issue filed for this error. For the time being, interacting with a password field or switching to another area of the app then reopening the item should return the Edit button.

Thanks again!

ref: dev/core/core#18932

• Komma
    Komma
    Community Member
    Options

Seems like this bug is still there, I was pretty confused for a second, but it's easy to get it back, if you know it.

• Hi @DoppelKomma, thanks for writing in.

Yes that's correct, we're still seeing this bug. To clarify on my previous point, if the Edit button is concealed you can tap the password field to copy or tap ⋮ next to the password field then select "Show in Large Type" or "Reveal" to reveal the Edit button. Switching to another tab then back to the item should work as well. My apologies for any trouble here.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.