Using Yubikey on Family Trial Account - Possible?

1passwusr
1passwusr
Community Member

Clicking my way into the My Profile / Two-Factor Authentication / More Actions / Manage Two-Factor Authentication which clearly indicate that two-factor authentication is turned off for my account. Problem is that there is no function/button to enable two-factor authentication. In my case I want to enable the use for Yubikeys but doesn't seems to be possible for trial accounts and/or for family accounts, or?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• 1passwusr
    1passwusr
    Community Member

Right, got it! Seems that I need to setup TFA using Authenticator app to enable TFA in general and after that I get the option to setup another second factor using for example Yubikeys.

• Hi there @1passwusr

You're quite right:

Before you can use your security key as a second factor for your 1Password account, you’ll need to turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account.

—  Use your security key as a second factor for your 1Password account, from 1Password Support

Hardware keys like Yubikeys are an optional method for two-factor authentication on your 1Password account and you'll need to have an authenticator app set up first to be able to use them. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any help. :)

— Grey

• 1passwusr
    1passwusr
    Community Member

No I'm good, as I've now added Yubikey as TFA for my trial. It was more of that I've more used to directly being able to add Yubikey as TFA without having to init add, in this case, authenticator app.

• @1passwusr – Great! We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.