Clicking into Search Field causes "x" to move to make room for "Cancel"

Options
jwessler
jwessler
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

The Search bar has context-specific behavior that is confusing. If the cursor is not in the search bar, there is an "x" in the far right side of the search bar. Once a user clicks into the search field, a "Cancel" button slides into view and moves the "x" some pixels to the left.

If I search for something and go to that entry, when I return to the search bar, my previous text is still there. I will tap into the search field and then move my finger to the far right of the bar to click the "x" except...IT ISN'T THERE ANYMORE!! Now, it's a "Cancel."

Can you please consider leaving the Cancel in there all the time or just let the "x" count for cancel as well.

Also, there was another entry back in October about not clearing out the search term. It would be nice if the search term either disappeared after I act on the search result or was automatically highlighted when I return (like iOS does with it's search field).

Thanks so much!

1Password Version: iOS 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.1.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jwessler,

I sincerely apologize for the very delayed response. I've sent a reply to your email inquiry. To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'll close this thread. Thanks so much!

Alvin

This discussion has been closed.