Autofill not fully functional on some site.

antro31
antro31
Community Member

Hi all, I decided recently to change my password manager and wanted to give a try to 1Password.
I noticed stranged behaviour on some site.
For example in this one. When used in a browser on desktop computern, autofill is fine, but on my android, the first field does not trigger the possibility to open "1Password" or to fill in the password.
I have to open 1Password, copy the identification and paste it in the browser.
Any idea?

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @antro31,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. I've tested filling of this website on my own Android device and I also experienced the same issue with 1Password for Android only offering to autofill the password.

I've reported this issue to our development team. In the meantime, one method which would allow you to fill the username field is drag and drop

I hope this helps

-- Brendan

• antro31
    antro31
    Community Member

Thanks, I prefer using copy/paste from 1Password application rather than using drag/drop through split view.
    Anyway, please note that on this site, other password managers behave successfully, so looking forward to seeing an evolution on this.

• Thanks for following up with use @antro31. Let me know if there's anything else we can help with at this time!

• antro31
    antro31
    Community Member

Could you please let us know when an update of the application correcting this issue will be available?

• antro31
    antro31
    Community Member

Could you please let us know when an update of the application will be available?

• ag_audrey
    edited January 2023

Hey @antro31, thanks for following up!

As much as we would love to share a timeline, our development team actively investigates Autofill issues across various apps or sites instead of targeting site by site or app by app, so the filling consistency of Autofill using 1Password for Android should improve with each release.

If you encounter any other filling issues, please reach back out so we can continue to analyze and resolve!

• antro31
    antro31
    Community Member

Hi 1P team. Thanks for the update of the Android app version. A bit better, but still not 100% satisfied.
    Actually, the possibility to fill the password is only triggered on the "password" field, but still not on the "identifier" part on this site. Strange since chrome password manager is able to do so and some other competitors password managers also.
    Looking forward for an update allowing this fully functional.

• xazac
    xazac
    Community Member

1Password app for Android is far, far away from iOS version.
    Autofill is a nightmare, it just works few occasions; most of the times I have to open 1Password app and copy-paste EVERY, SINGLE, ITEM.

This is really unacceptable, is really that hard to make the app to work on Android as smooth as on iOS?

• I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the most recent update @antro31!

Would that be the social security number field on the Assure login page? If so, I'm seeing the same behavior and have reported it to the team. Thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you.

Hi @xazac, thanks for writing in. I'm sorry Autofill has been working inconsistently for you. While you may run into some apps or websites where Autofill cannot work as expected, the frequency you noted certainly doesn't sound right.

I'd like to ask you to email us at support+forum@1password.com so we can dive into this issue further. Please include a description of the issue with your message. You'll get an auto-reply from BitBot which gives you a conversation number, that looks like [#ABC-12345-123]. You can post that here and I'll be sure you message gets to the right place.

• antro31
    antro31
    Community Member

Hi ag_timothy, yes, that's exactly my issue. Hope this will be fixed soon. (Note that I witnessed it also in some other sites).

• Thanks for confirming that @antro31!

• mnova721
    mnova721
    Community Member

1pw8 doesn't autofill for me either on 75% of forms. Confirmed.

• Hey @mnova721, I'm sorry that Autofill is not working for you most of the time. Would you mind sharing some example apps or sites that we can test on our end before reporting them to our development team?

This discussion has been closed.