Searching content in security notes

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 8 search.

Comments

• thaonguyenvan
    thaonguyenvan
    Community Member

I've just migrated from Lasspast to 1password 8, everything is great but I have the same issue when searching content in security notes. Because my security note is large, I have to scroll down and find the text search with my eyes. And I've found out a workaround is that we can open the web UI https://my.1password.com -> click to security notes we want to search -> click on the address bar -> Cmd F -> using search of the browser instead of search of 1password. So the text search will be highlighted.

I hope that we will have a feature that highlights the text search in security notes soon.

• Hello @thaonguyenvan,

Thanks for your message and noting your workaround about searching in Secure Notes items. I've split this message from the original discussion as this is a feature request related to searching content in Secure Notes.

While I'm unable to confirm when or if we'll be able to implement this type of feature in future versions of 1Password, I've cast a vote on your behalf with the Product team. We appreciate your feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-1516

• TorstenA
    TorstenA
    Community Member

Hello, as new Premium customers (we previously used Roboform), absolutely need the search function within Security Notes items.
    If this is not implemented, we will have to switch back to Roboform. Unfortunately.

• Hi @TorstenA,

Thanks for letting us know how important the ability to search within secure notes is to you. I've sent these details along to the product team. We appreciate your feedback!

• CG1
    CG1
    Community Member

I would like to add that this is an important feature to me as well. I also migrated from LastPass and do miss the ability to search large notes.

• Hi @CG1 - I've cast a vote on your behalf. Thanks for your feedback!

• @thaonguyenvan I wish I could upvote your comment a thousand times - that's a great workaround.

@ag_mike_d any updates on this? Is there any transparency on what makes it to the roadmap or not? Sorry for the noob question (am new here). I just want to echo the point that being able to search in notes seem likes such an essential, core feature that is on other password managers, and I was very surprised to not see it on 1Pass.

• Hello @matthewonvanillaice,

Welcome to the 1Password Community and thanks for your feedback!

While I have no news or updates to share, we understand that searching large Secure Notes is not possible unless you are using the workaround suggested. I have included your feedback within our feature request for the Product team's consideration.

Please let us know if you have any other feedback to share.

• Thanks for the quick reply! Though I wish there was a more concrete resolution :/

• Hi @matthewonvanillaice! On behalf of my colleague Mike, you're very welcome. If you have any further feedback or questions, don't hesitate to reach back out.

• daft
    daft
    Community Member

Oh my god. This has been filed in October 22 and you still haven't recovered that basic feature of Version 6 and 7?
    I just switched to Version 8 and I am absolutely horrified.

Please tell me this is coming or I am gone forever.

• Hi @daft, thanks for reaching out to let us know how important this is to you! I've passed your feedback along to our Product team as well. I don't currently have any news or updates to share about this, and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused here. Does the workaround suggested further back in this thread help you here at all?

ref: 32466090

This discussion has been closed.