Moving shared folders from lastpass

ashear
ashear
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

I have imported my passwords from lastpass and they are now all in my private vault. How do I move the ones that were in my shared folders to my shared vault. So far all I can figure out is clicking on each tag, selecting all, right clicking and moving. I would have to repeat this for each shared folder. Is this the only way. I am using the Windows Desktop app.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared folders lastpass

Comments

• Hi @ashear

You can select multiple items in 1Password to help speed up this process:

• hold Shift while clicking the top and bottom items in a range to select all the ones in between ("from here to here")
    • hold Ctrl while clicking multiple separate items to add them to the selection ("this one and this one and this one and that one")

Then you can drag them to the Shared vault in the sidebar. There's more information on how to move and copy items here:

Move and copy items

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• ashear
    ashear
    Community Member

Is there any way to select multiple tags. I had a bunch of shared folders in lastpass and now I need to move them all the the shared vault so ideally I would like to select all the tags that start with shared all at once. Is that possible? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

Depending on how many multiple tags you have, it may be the best way to assign every such entry the same temporary tag, then move all entries with this temporary tag, then remove this tag again. It's easy to repeatedly add a selected number of items to some tag. I guess it's less than one minute work to click through 5 or 10 tags, select all items with these tags and assign all selected items some temp tag, then select all items with the temp tag and move them. Removing the temp tag afterwards is right-click the tag in the tags overview.

• Hi @ashear! At the moment it's not possible to select multiple tags at once. Your best bet would be to go through each of your shared tags, select everything, and move the items over to your Shared vault. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you here. If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know!

This discussion has been closed.