Another LastPass refugees with questions

Options
rochrunner
rochrunner
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Windows

At this point, after reading some documentation and especially conversations here, I have just a couple of questions about what to expect when switching from LastPass to 1Password. Mainly I have read a few things here about the latest version of 1P requiring one to re-login frequently. I currently use LP mainly on the Edge browser on my PC and with the LP app on my Android phone. Especially with the phone, passwords with lots of mixed characters are a royal pain to enter on a smartphone's onscreen keyboard. Alternatively, a simpler but long password is prone to mistyping. I do use the biometric (fingerprint) login option on the smartphone, but it still occasionally requires me to enter the full password. As a result, my LP master password is (was!) of mixed characters but shorter than what would be ideal, and I'd like to correct all this in 1P.

1) How often does 1P require a full login on Windows and on Android? I'm used to going long periods without requiring a new login, even after rebooting.

2) How happy are you in general with the 1P app for Android? The LP app was a bit rough when introduced but later versions have become pretty good. Fortunately, I don't use it all that much since most of my important apps on the phone are using the fingerprint sign-in option.

Once I get some shared account passwords cleaned up, I'll start a trial of the 1P Families product before switching my wife over as well. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more questions when I get to that point! Thanks for this advance help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

On Windows PCs with TPM unlocks can survive a reboot, and the default time for re-entering your account password is 2 weeks. You can extend this to 30 days or "Never", however after some (not all) Windows update the password is sometimes asked earlier. I set the timeout to 30 days to not completely forget the password. "Never" seems a bit too dangerous.

My account passwort is not too difficult to type on a mobile phone - convenience is more important than utmost security for me, and the secret key is additionally protecting it.

I'm using the Android app not too often, because most apps and websites save logins, so I need to login less on Android than on PC.

• rochrunner
    rochrunner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Tertius3 . I've figured out enough now to be able to give it a try and know what to look for.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Tertius3

You can extend this to 30 days or "Never"

I'm on 1Password for Windows 8.9.12 (80912004) and I don't have the option "Never" to select. 🤔

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

The current nightly build also allows never. If this will get up to the release, I don't know of course.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Sounds good. I'm in the beta channel. Hopefully the new beta includes the "Never" option again ... 🤔

This discussion has been closed.