Tapping & copying the password instead of showing me a menu so I can reveal it is driving me crazy

gct3o
gct3o
Community Member

I've seen some multiple posts over several months requesting that tap to reveal for passwords be returned to this new version of the iOS app. Like these posts, I too find myself most often needing to "reveal" the password not copy it. Muscle memory has me tapping multiple times until I notice the chain of "Copied" notes growing to the bottom of the screen and realize that I need to press and hold to get to the menu that a tap used to show.

I realize that there are likely some (if not many) users who like using a single tap to copy instead of 2 taps as was required previously. But I need some help to break the years of muscle memory this change has broken. If you can't allow users to control this feature (& I get that it may be difficult) can you at least provide some visual clues to help identify the action tapping will take ?

The MacOS version of the app shows the word "Copy" when the mouse enters the text box with the password so we know what happen when we click there. It also has the downward pointing caret that lets us know where we can click to get a drop down menu to make "Reveal" available to us. Something like this in the mobile variants of the app would really help remove this element of friction. The field could say "Tap to Copy or better yet multiple buttons, to copy, reveal, and perform other actions each in one tap.

This is a critical action in the app that is used most every time I used this app. A bit of help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gct3o 👋🏻

Thank you for your feedback on this, I'm sorry to hear that the change has caused issues. There is a feature request open with our Product Team to look into the possibility of adjusting this behaviour in the future. I've added a vote on your behalf to the issue.

This discussion has been closed.