why does 1Password require the secret key each time I log in on my iphone 13

MaryK
MaryK
Community Member

Getting tired of having to reenter the secret key each time on my phone. Luckily I'm at home so I have the document here with it. This is a real pain! When it doesn't autofill, I go to my phone to look up the password. I understand locking out after a period of time, but does it have to require the secret key each time? If this is routine, what are suggestions for how to deal with this. I didn't want to save the secret key on my phone - but may have to.

Hoping being new to this that I'm just missing something simple.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why does 1Password require the secret key each time I log in on my phone - what setting do I need to change to get rid of this?

Comments

• Hello @MaryK! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble with 1Password on your iPhone. It's definitely not normal for you to be constantly asked for your Secret Key when using 1Password. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you using the 1Password app or logging into 1Password.com in the browser?
    2. If you're using the app then are you using version 7 or version 8?
    3. When you're asked for your Secret Key can you please describe what you see on your screen? Do you see an error message of any sort?

-Dave

• MaryK
    MaryK
    Community Member

Well, this is just like car issues - as soon as I complain about something, it stops. But it was in the app and there was no error message. just a screen asking for email, secret key and password. Just saw something in the app about being version 8 so wonder if it just updated - and maybe fixed the issue?

• @MaryK

I'm happy that things are working at the moment. If you do see the screen asking for your Secret Key again in the future please take a screenshot so that we can investigate further. If you post the screenshot to the forum, make sure that nothing sensitive is visible. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.