I keep having to log in using master password

Options
Chiraag87
Chiraag87
Community Member

Hi,

I just signed up for, and downloaded 1Password 8. However every time I go to log in on my Samsung Phone, it requires me to use my Master Password, despite biometric login being turned on.

I've deleted and recreated my biometric log in methods, however this problem is still occurring every single time, and it's rather frustrating.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• KE2023wew
    KE2023wew
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. I suspect it has to do with Samsung Knox security vs Google biometric unlock. Just a theory. But it's annoying!

• KE2023wew
    KE2023wew
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here on a Samsung Tablet. I suspect it has to do with Samsung Knox security vs Google biometric unlock. Just a theory. But it's annoying! Just found in another thread that biometric is not supported for at least some Samsung devices. Also the PIN feature hasn't been added yet, but they "might" be working on it. I want to go back to version 7 which I have on my Samsung phone. Just have to find it.

• Hi @Chiraag87, @KE2023wew , thanks for writing in. I'm sorry 1Password is requiring your account password unexpectedly! I'd be happy to help with that.

To start I would suggest resetting Fingerprint unlock in 1Password for Android:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon (on a tablet, tap ☰ first).
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. If on, tap Biometric unlock off.
    5. Tap Biometric unlock on.
    6. Tap back and close the Settings menu.
    7. Tap the account or collection icon > Lock (on a tablet, tap ☰ if the sidebar was closed).
    8. Enter your account password and unlock 1Password.

After following those steps is your password still regularly required?

@KE2023wew, I don't believe Knox would be interfering here but that could be possible. Is 1Password installed in the secure folder on your device?

Biometric unlock with 1Password for Android is supported on the majority of contemporary device that have a fingerprint scanner. If you're referring to face unlock, most Android devices with Face unlock do not meet the security requirements that we set for the app as they do not implement IR or depth sensing technology.

This discussion has been closed.