Unlocking 1Password using Apple Watch

This discussion was created from comments split from: Apple Watch Unlock not unlocking.

Comments

• CliveARiches
    CliveARiches
    Community Member

I can sometimes log into 1Password with my Apple Watch but mostly it doesn't even give me the option to do so, even if I've just logged into my Mac with my Apple Watch.

• Hello @CliveARiches! 👋

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I've split your comment into a separate thread so that we can focus on the issue occurring on your Mac. 🙂

Are you still sometimes unable to unlock 1Password using your Apple Watch? If you can't then can you confirm that you're running the latest version of 1Password 8 and macOS Ventura?

-Dave

• CliveARiches
    CliveARiches
    Community Member

Yes, still gives problems with watch but have overcome the problem by now having a touch keyboard which appears to work every time.
    Often it doesn't show an option to use my Apple Watch as other software does. All software is up to date

• @CliveARiches

Thank you for the additional details. Can you please try the following steps:

1. Disable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Uncheck "Apple Watch").
    2. Disable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Uncheck your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    3. Turn off your Mac.
    4. Restart your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
    5. Turn on your Mac.
    6. Enable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Check your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    7. Enable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Check "Apple Watch").

Are you now able to consistently unlock 1Password using your Apple Watch?

-Dave

• CliveARiches
    CliveARiches
    Community Member

Thank you Dave, It fixed itself this morning. I opened it and it asked to update which it did and it hasn't failed since.

• @CliveARiches

I'm happy to hear that the feature is working now. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.