iCloud backup

frame
frame
Community Member
Hello,

I'm on an iPad 1, iOS5, using 1Password Pro 3. I'd like to know if, by default, the .agilekeychain is fully stored in the iCloud backup.

Thank you!

Bernd

Comments

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    edited January 2013
    I think by default it is but an Agile staffer must confirm to be sure.

On your iPad, if you go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage > Backups > your iPad >, you will see a Backup Options area listing the apps that have their data backed up.

The top five are listed but you can reveal the others. 1Password appears in my top five due to the size of my keychain.

By the presence of the switches, I assume you can prevent the data being backed up if you wanted to. They all seem to be on by default.
  • frame
    frame
    Community Member
    Thanks for your reply, Penelope.

I've seen the toggle in the iCloud-Backup preferences, just want to make sure and ask the Agilebits staff.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Yes, by default it is backed up along with all your other app data. However, we recommend using the iTunes File Sharing feature to create a backup on your computer (if you aren't already syncing with 1Password on your computer). It is always wise to have your own backup since iCloud could go down or corrupt the data. It certainly isn't likely, but anything is possible. An onsite (desktop computer) and offsite (iCloud) backup should keep you covered in the event that something happens to one of them.
This discussion has been closed.