Work/Personal/Family accounts

mixedmindz
mixedmindz
Community Member

Hello, I've been a LastPass customer for years.
I also have a 1Pass account for work.

My understanding is my work account allows for a personal account.
I've avoided this, mostly because of a bit of a tyrannical IT/Security team.
I didn't want a chance of that team having access to my personal Passwords or have a chance of losing access should I choose to leave the Company.

With the LastPass breach I'd like to migrate my personal stuff over to 1Pass.
I'm actually not too concerned with paying for my own subscription if need be but obviously better if Work pays..

I guess the question is, Can I get a Family Plan and use the Company account at the same time?
How do I maintain separation between personal Passwords and Corporate passwords being sure that should I ever leave the company my personal/family account is unaffected.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @mixedmindz! ๐Ÿ‘‹

If your workplace is using 1Password Business then you can indeed get a free 1Password Families membership for your own (and your family's) personal use. You can find more details here: Get a free 1Password Families membership when you use 1Password Business

I didn't want a chance of that team having access to my personal Passwords or have a chance of losing access should I choose to leave the Company.

The 1Password Families membership is yours alone and your employer has no ability to see your passwords or manage/delete your 1Password Families account. The only thing that your employer would be able to do is unlink your 1Password Families membership from their 1Password Business membership which would put your 1Password Families membership into a read-only frozen state until you added your own billing information to the membership: If your 1Password account is frozen

Let me know if you have any questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• mixedmindz
    mixedmindz
    Community Member

Thanks Dave, I've setup and Migrated my LastPass into a new Private Vault.
    Am I able to link to my corporate vaults? So I can be logged in with one account and autofill PWs from both?

• @mixedmindz

Thank you for the reply. Your family account and your work account are completely separate and encrypted using a different private key so you can't see the items in one account from inside of another account.

However, all of our apps and browser extensions support using multiple accounts at once. You can add both accounts to the 1Password app on all of your devices by following this guide: How to add another 1Password account to the apps

-Dave

• mixedmindz
    mixedmindz
    Community Member

Awesome thanks for all the help!

• @mixedmindz

Happy to help. ๐Ÿ˜Š

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.