How can I set up access from 1Password to Keeper to one Item for my son

Wilson2013
Wilson2013
Community Member

More than a year ago I set up a link to an Item from 1Password to Keeper, the password manager my son uses to give him 'anytime access'. Is this still possible? If so how do I navigate to this feature when I'm logged in to do this for anothr Item?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser:_ Chrome or Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:How can I set up access from 1Password to Keeper to one Item for my son

Comments

• Hello @Wilson2013! 👋

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a way to integrate 1Password and third-party password managers such as Keeper. Can you tell me a little more about what you mean when you say that you linked an item from 1Password to Keeper?

If you'd like to share an item that you have saved in 1Password with your son then you can do so by using a secure share link: Securely share 1Password items with anyone

-Dave

• Wilson2013
    Wilson2013
    Community Member

Thanks Dave for getting back to me. Really appreciate it.
    I've forgotten how I set it up as it quite a while ago but my son was able to access one Item and login securely through Keeper as he doesn't use 1Password. He set up a 'family' in Keeper and with that, 1Password had a feature whereby I could give him access to one Item anytime i.e a conduit, if you like. Once done I could 'set and forget' rather sending him a link every 30 days through 1Password's new feature of 'Securely Share' I'm probably not explaining it very well.
    Glenys

• @Wilson2013

Your 1Password items are end-to-end encrypted so Keeper wouldn't have access to them without you giving Keeper your account password and Secret Key unless you're using the secure share link that I mentioned in my previous comment. Does your son still see the old item that you shared with him previously? Are you able to post a screenshot of what the item looks like? Make sure to remove anything sensitive from the screenshot.

Of course, my recommendation would be that you and your son both use the same 1Password Families membership which makes sharing items between family members really easy: Share passwords with your family

-Dave

• Wilson2013
    Wilson2013
    Community Member

Thanks Dave for helping with this query. I can't find the emails I sent my son at the time about testing the passage between Keeper and the item in my 1Password. I didn't have to give him my master PW or secret key. I don't think he was able to test it out at the time.
    So we'll just use the 'share link' feature. I understand the 30 day limit but perhaps there could be a longer time option, quarterly or half yearly, to cater for situations where sharing needs to be on a more permanent basis. I'm 73 and anything could happen so I'd want my son to have access to some Items for as long as we needed.
    Yes, you're right its a pity he and I don't use the same password manager. We didnt think of coordinating that at the time.
    Thanks again. I liked your 'plain english way of writing your responses rather than in tech jargin.
    Cheers
    Glenys

• @Wilson2013

Thank you for the reply. The secure share link feature is indeed a tool to only temporarily share items. If you have a 1Password Families membership (or would like to upgrade to one) then you can invite your son as a guest and share items that way: Share with guests in 1Password Families

Inviting your son as a guest would give you the ability to share items with him indefinitely. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.