1Password 8 and Secure Notes

Options
mercuryrsng
mercuryrsng
Community Member

Prior to 1Password 8, I was able to access Secure Notes like I could any other category…right on the Home Tab - if I chose to do so. They seemed to be treated like a category. Now, I can no longer do that. I can pin Favorite items but not Secure Notes, even though Secure Notes seems to be a category. When I need to get to my Secure Notes, I have to search by name every time.

Is there any way to pin these to favorites like I can Categories?

I have one Secure Note that I use at least 3-4x a week and it’s frustrating to have to search for it every time.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2022
    Options

@mercuryrsng

If you locate the note and tap the three ... and add the item as a favorite would that help? I'm confused; is the option to set the item as a favorite not present for you? You describe this as one note you need often. Can you elaborate on your needs? Maybe I can advocate for a different approach. Perhaps it's a device thing. What type of device are you using?

Apologies, I've read this two or three times and each time I tend to lead myself on a different path. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there…thanks for responding.

I am using 1Password 8 on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. That worked. I can’t believe I didn’t think about it. So, thank you for that.

Previously, all of my notes were easily accessible on the Home Screen because I was able to add “Secure Notes” as a category that was easily accessible. Is that still possible? It is possible on 1Password 7. I tested it because my wife still has that installed.

There are a few notes that I need from time to time and I can’t remember their name….so I just search “Secure Notes” and they all come up.

• Hi @mercuryrsng - I'm happy to hear that Tommy's method was helpful. If you're looking to view all of your Secure Notes at once on 1Password for iOS, I'd suggest using the Category Selector when viewing All Items.

imageimage

This will display a list of all of your Secure Notes. 🙂

There is also a feature request open with our Product Team to look into the possibility of adding an option to display Categories to the Home tab. I can't make any promises as to if or when this might make it to a future version of 1Password, but I've added a vote on your behalf.

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thank you @Kester.D_1P!

• @mercuryrsng

I'm happy that Tommy and Kester were able to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.