Install alongside older version during trial

Andy1P
Andy1P
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've signed up for the trial with a view to migrating from a standalone vault. I'd like to retain the older version of 1P incase I don't like the trial. Can I install a later version alongside version 6.8.9? I've migrated all the content to the new system and installed the Safari extension but when I download v8 or the v8 beta the installer runs and does nothing leaving only 6.8.9 in place.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: macOS 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @Andy1P! 👋

Thanks for trying a 1Password account! I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our migration team can help you migrate your standalone vault and answer your questions about 1Password 6. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• Andy1P
    Andy1P
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me @Dave_1P but in the mean time I sorted it myself by deleting the old version which allowed me to install version 8. I'd already migrated the content to the new account.

• @Andy1P

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get things working. 😊

-Dave

• Andy1P
    Andy1P
    Community Member

Thanks Dave, you can close now if you like.

• Will do Andy1P. Feel free to start another conversation at any time.

This discussion has been closed.