Stop 1Password 8 Prompting to Save Logins for Specific Sites

techotaku
techotaku
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Prior to 1Password 8 it was possible to stop the app prompting to save login information for individual sites that were listed in the exclusions in 1Password > Preferences > Browser > Detect new usernames and passwords and offer save them. In addition, when the app prompted to save a login for a site not previously excluded, clicking the gear icon allowed you to select Never Autosave for this Site.

Am I missing something simple as these features appear to be no longer available in 1Password 8 for both macOS and Windows?

Many thanks, Steve.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: 1Password for Safari 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 13.0
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey Steve ( @techotaku )

I can understand where you're coming from, and am sorry for any inconvenience. 1Password 8 is an entirely new and separate app from 1Password 7, built from the ground up with consistency and cohesion in mind, with the aim of achieving feature parity (or as close as possible to it) across 1Password 8 for all platforms. Due to this, it's not so much a case of this feature having been removed - instead, we're still in the process of building out some of the features that were present in 1Password 7, and feedback such as yours is very important in helping us to understand which areas to focus on and how we can improve the 1Password user experience moving forward.

Regarding your specific request, we do have a feature request open aimed at that behaviour, and I've added your vote in support of that for future considerations.

Thanks for all your support of 1Password! Let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

• StephenTN
    StephenTN
    Community Member

New convert from LastPass here, is this feature still not available?

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2023

Hello @StephenTN, thanks for joining us - although of course we wish it were under less pressing circumstances!

You're correct, this feature is currently not available. However, I have submitted a vote for it on your behalf with our product team, and welcome any further feedback you have about the apps and your experience. Likewise, if there's anything we can do to help you get set up or answer any outstanding questions, we're happy to assist with that as well.

Best regards from all of us 👋

ref: IDEA-I-281

• RMNornes
    RMNornes
    Community Member

Another user "coming from a competitive product" person here. We used this feature A TON with the other product. Being able to either ignore a full domain, or ignore individual URLs is really a great feature that we used and is really missing it with 1Password now. Plz up vote this up for us!

• Hey @RMNornes,

I'm sorry for the delay. I have passed your feedback on to the product team.

Thank you for taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password.

ref: PB-30864540

This discussion has been closed.