1password not prompting for auth when using key

rpatrick2282
rpatrick2282
Community Member

I have enable the ssh agent and when I attempt to use a key (I only have a single key in my vault at the moment) I see the 1password auth prompt hit the screen, my watch pings me to double click the side button to auth and then the on screen prompt immediately disappears and the auth to 1passwords fails and I cannot use the key. I turned off using my watch for authentication and then I get no on screen prompt for auth to 1password using the key just fails. This happens when using git in vscode or via the CLI as well as just doing a straight ssh connection to a local server

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rpatrick2282:

Are you able to use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password, or do you run into trouble there as well? Let me know.

Jack

• rpatrick2282
    rpatrick2282
    Community Member

doh i should have tried that first....ya I have the same issue there...strange...so I guess that is issue 1...but when I turn that off shouldn't I be prompted to enter my password?

• rpatrick2282
    rpatrick2282
    Community Member

This was resolved by turning off the AppleWatch option in System Settings and turning it back on.

• Hey @rpatrick2282:

Glad to hear it! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.