Copying the 2FA code from the Safari Extension doesn't update the clipboard

Options
RosemaryOrchard
RosemaryOrchard
Community Member
edited December 2022 in iOS

If I need to copy a 2FA code from the Safari extension I can tap on it, and then I get a menu with a copy button, which I can tap but the clipboard isn't updated so I can't then paste the code into the field.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 8.9.7
OS Version: iPadOS 16.3 (20D5024e)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hi @RosemaryOrchard

Really sorry for the delay in getting back to you here, blaming the busy festive period for that one. It looks like you're running into a known issue in 1Password for Safari right now where you can't copy from the extension. The developers are on the case investigating and we hope to get that patched up as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, copying from the 1Password app itself works as expected, or going into the item in 1Password for Safari and tapping Autofill should also fill in the one-time password for you.

ref: dev/core/core#9820

• RosemaryOrchard
    RosemaryOrchard
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @jac.pd_1p, hopefully the Safari integration team can sort it out soon! It's frustrating when I forget—and that's nearly always when the website doesn't properly support autofill (I opened an issue with the site I run into this on most frequently and they're working on it). Good luck!

• @RosemaryOrchard

Totally understand the frustration this causes and I'll bring it back up with the team to see if there's any movement on this for you. Also do you happen to know which site you experience this with most? I'll then be able to test this on my end and see if this is something I can put in front of our developers to improve upon in the future for you :)

This discussion has been closed.