problems setting up 1 password for a family member using a family account

Options
docsteviec
docsteviec
Community Member

I have a family account and my wife wants to set up her 1password but all of her passwords appear in my account. Can she set up a seperate value that I can't see?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.11
Extension Version: 80911019, on PRODUCTION channel
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:problems setting up 1 password for a family member using a family account

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @docsteviec !

Maybe you should take a look at the support page. There you could find the following, that should help a lot in your case:
    Get started with 1Password Families

As you can read, everyone who joins your family account gets a Private vault where they can store all their personal passwords and other information. I think your wife has to select her Private vault to save her entries in. Maybe she used the Shared vault for her entries?

• docsteviec
    docsteviec
    Community Member
    Options

That a Denal - I will check with her and hope that is it is a simple as that - she has already had 14 back-and-forth emails with Technical Support to no avail but sometimes the obvious things are missed out. I appreciate the rapid feedback. Best wishes. Steve

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Good luck! 👍

• @docsteviec

I just wanted to follow up here to see if you needed any more help. Were you and your wife able to get everything working? 🙂

-Dave

• docsteviec
    docsteviec
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the follow up.

It took the and lots of back and forth with technical support but in the end she got it sorted and its not working fine.

Best wishes

Steve

• Sounds good. Have a great evening.

This discussion has been closed.