Stop requring masterpass after every restart.

2»

Comments

• GolferWHH
    GolferWHH
    Community Member

https://1password.community/profile/ag_mike_d

I've finally got what I believe is a stable 1PW environment. I went back to scratch and created a "new" US family account. Did this as I was still stumbling trying to get access to my wife's 1PW .CA account on the Desktop PC. I can't say I'm sure what I did wrong, but I seem to be getting to an acceptable working 1PW environment in our home.

My wife and I have separate Windows Accounts on both the Desktop and the Laptop. Also, we have separate single user cell phones (Pixel 6 and 7).

• I first exported my and my wife's .CA account data to 1PUX files.
    • I logged into my Windows account on our desktop, and logged into my wife's Windows account on our Laptop.
    • I created a family account on 1Password.ca from my windows account. Installed 1Password'w Windows App from my account, logged in
      and imported the 1PUX file with my data. I then invited my wife to the family account.

• From my wife's Windows account on the Laptop I accepted the 1PW account invite and created her 1PW account. Installed 1Password windows app on the Laptop and logged my wife in to the newly created account, then imported her 1PUX data. Somewhere during this I believe I had to confirm her new account from the 1PW family account "organizer?" Pardon me as I screw up the terminology.

• At that point I had a 1PW account for both my wife and me. US, but at least both accounts had the items in them that we require, albeit with some duplicates, and not organized in an acceptable fashion. Work for later.
    • I then deleted my CA family account, and to the best of my knowledge this also deleted my wife's CA account.
    • I then installed my account on the Laptop (from my Win account). Flipping back and forth to ensure all was consistent.
    • I then installed my wife's account on the desktop, from her WIN account, and I believe I did this via 1Password.com. I had some issues and if I remember I had to select "Sign in to another account" at the bottom of the screen. I suspect the issue was my reading skills and was caused by profile data (WIN or Browser) causing the old account info to show. Anyway I managed to get her account setup on the Desktop PC, get the 1Password Win App installed and her US account logon to work.

In the end, I bounced back and forth between Desktop and Laptop, My and My wife's 1PW accounts confirming that I had the same data showing for both accounts on both Win PC's.

I've even got 1PW android app installed on my Pixel 7 and am testing it out. This has been an interesting exercise as the 1PW Android app seems to need to update the Vault with information from the android apps to work consistently. I've had some real challenges with some CA banking apps, but after a few login's and having to copy/paste from the 1PW android app it seems to get its "stuff:" together. I've seen "update 1PW" messages during this a few times.

Now for my wife to get to using 1PW and getting comfortable before trial ends. She's not comfortable with new stuff with PC's/Cell Phones AND more importantly I'm not a good teacher for her. Didn't teach her to drive either:)

Anyway, during the fog of getting 1PW installed in our environment I found situations where I noticed inconsistencies between Desktop/Laptop, and between My Vault and my wife's for Shared Items. There seems to be a lag between one environment (PC/Laptop) and My and My wife's accounts. I say this acknowledging during this process there was smoke coming out of my ears on many occasions.

At some time I'd like to understand the underlying architecture of 1PW with it's: Website(s), Apps, and extensions. Our other PW manager was more predictable and pretty much instantaneous between environments when a change occurred in one. An opportunity for another day.

The good folks at 1PW have extended my trial and I've got 12 days to decide if we stay or go back. It rests with She Who Must be Obeyed.

Cheers and thanks to all who've helped me through my troubles and the frustration I let show through.

• GolferWHH
    GolferWHH
    Community Member

Minor typo in my previous post.

In the steps I took to get a working 1PW environment I referenced the wrong web site. The correct info follows:

• I first exported my and my wife's .CA account data to 1PUX files.
    • I logged into my Windows account on our desktop, and logged into my wife's Windows account on our Laptop.
    • I created a family account on 1Password.COM from my windows account. Installed 1Password'w Windows App from my account, logged in and imported the 1PUX file with my data. I then invited my wife to the family account.
  • Hello @GolferWHH,

Thanks for the reply and I'm happy to hear things are working better with 1Password.

Anyway, during the fog of getting 1PW installed in our environment I found situations where I noticed inconsistencies between Desktop/Laptop, and between My Vault and my wife's for Shared Items. There seems to be a lag between one environment (PC/Laptop) and My and My wife's accounts. I say this acknowledging during this process there was smoke coming out of my ears on many occasions.

I'm sorry that you've been seeing an issue between these environments. When updating items, changes should occur nearly instantaneously on other devices. While continuing to trial 1Password, let us know if this continues to be an issue and we'd be happy to investigate.

In doing so, could you send to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com and include some additional details:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.