“Sign in With” providers

Options
stmorrpom6cenz
stmorrpom6cenz
Community Member

Which providers are supported by 1Password’s “Sign in With” field? Looking at what populates when I try this, I see Apple, Facebook, GitHub, Google, and Microsoft. What about Amazon and Twitter (which I have saved to 1Password, but don’t show up in the provider list)? Another one that comes to mind is Spydus (a library information system that, among other things, let’s people log into third-party services with their library card number and password where a library has an agreement with that service, e.g. BorrowBox, Beamafilm, Kanopy, etc). I’m a member of two libraries, both use Spydus, but none have “spydus” in the URL. Perhaps a checkbox to say “this login can be an identity provider”.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 8.9.7
OS Version: iOS/iPadOS
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• jfmiles94
    jfmiles94
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running the iOS TestFlight version, but absolutely cannot find this "sign in with" field and it's driving me nuts. Where and how do I do this?

• Hi both.

When editing an item, tap or click the "+ add more" button, then "Sign in with", like in this example from 1Password for iOS:

You'll then see a list of currently-supported providers in the new "sign in with" field, when you tap the "+ Add a login to sign in with..." button.

We're working on adding more providers as and when we can. To be able to do this, the service has to have a documented way to do it that we can integrate into 1Password. We're aiming for Universal Sign On with 1Password, using as many identity providers as we can. Right now, we're working on the most popular ones. You can read more about our Universal Sign On efforts on the 1Password blog, in this post by Mitch:

‘Sign in with’ anything – and save it in 1Password

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. :)

— Grey

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

I’m using 1Password for iOS 8.9.7 and cannot see this option in the + add more list. Why?

• meowzz
    meowzz
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, I have no such option on iOS 8.9.7

• Hi @hegguardo and @meowzz - This feature was implemented in a previous Test Flight build of 8.9.7 but it didn't make it to the Production build of 1Password for iOS this time round. We're hoping to have it released to all iOS users very soon. In the meantime you can add this field to Logins in the desktop version of 1Password and it will show in 1Password for iOS as expected.

• burnwa
    burnwa
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to use that "Sign in with" manual approach on the Mac. It seemed to work fine with one significant failing. When I browse for logins by expanding "Add a login to sign in with, such as...", it fails to restrict to my currently selected collection. That's significant since I have access to all my family's vaults and those logins are never relevant.

This discussion has been closed.