1Password 8 UI on iOS is poor

Options
Winston_hop
Winston_hop
Community Member

The UI of v8 is not nearly as good as v7 was.

Searching takes longer. In v7 the search field was visible. You only needed to click it to type. In v8 you need to select search in the sidebar, then select the field to type. One click may not seem like a big deal, but if you need to look up a couple logins quickly, this UI change makes the whole process clunky.

Press to hold for revealing a password is not intuitive like the old arrow drop down was. If you don’t hold long enough, you just copy the password to clipboard. This change slows down the UX.

And press to hold for revealing old passwords is unnecessarily difficult.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• bndt206
    bndt206
    Community Member
    Options

I totally agree, UI in v7 was far better. Personally I dislike the low information density and waste of the UI realestate, where form comes before function. I also dont like that there are 2 sets of "the 3 dots", that the new item buttom now is in the title bar, missing frames around clickable items or options popping up only on mouse over.

Sorry to say, but although probably not intentional, its a step back in user friendlyness.

/Peter

• Hi @Winston_hop ,

Search should still be one tap away. When you tap search, it should automatically focus the search field and bring up the keyboard. It might require two taps if your sidebar is hidden (e.g. in most iPad portrait orientations). We're thinking about a good solution there though but haven't decided on a solution yet.

We've received a lot of feedback on tapping on a field in the item details. The current functionality is based on the thinking that most users want to copy the password, but we're actively considering changing that. A couple of ideas (and we haven’t decided) are bringing up the menu on a single tap, or configuring the single tap to be one of a few different functions.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• user12345
    user12345
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed. It's a huge step down. I hope they come to their senses and go back to making a good app.

This discussion has been closed.