remove banner advertising 1Password 8

Options
PreCTANT
PreCTANT
Community Member

Could you please make it possible to acknowledge and thereby hide the large banner on top of the Settings view on 1Password 7 for iOS, so that those who need to use version 7 either by itself or even alongside version 8 can find all settings in the exact location they are used to?

1Password Version: 7.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @PreCTANT! 👋

The notification on the Settings screen can't be dismissed. With the launch of 1Password 8 for iOS, 1Password 7 for iOS is no longer being updated or supported (aside from important security updates) and we want to make sure that everyone is aware that 1Password 8 is now available.

That being said, you're welcome to continue using 1Password 7 for now and I can certainly understand how seeing the banner again and again can be less than desirable. We have an issue open to have the product team take a second look at this and I've added your feedback there.

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-2378

• PreCTANT
    PreCTANT
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P

Thanks for your quick reply – I agree, it is important to make sure everyone is aware, especially as time will progress and 1Password 7 will grow older and older without receiving the same care that we all have grown used to, since it has now been retired.

That being said, I believe it could be argued that interacting with a UI element is among the strongest forms of being "aware that 1Password 8 is now available", so I think there might be common ground for everyone to achieve their goals her and I appreciate you raising this with the product team again to be reconsidered when they can do so.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @PreCTANT

Thank you again for your feedback. 🙂

-Dave

• user12345
    user12345
    Community Member
    Options

I would very much appreciate those banners going away. I'm not updating to 1Password 8. I have a subscription, but the quality of the apps took a deep dive when it moved to using Electron. I'll keep using version 7 until a new native actual good version is released again, or until version 7 is no longer receiving security updates. Whatever comes first.

I have tried 1Password 8 from time to time to see if it would have been improved but I just don't like how it feels like the web application is now is.

The new Apple Watch app is a huge improvement though. Being able to see multiple fields per item is great and it feels like a native app which is probably is since I believe Electron is not supported on watchOS.

If you could at least add an option to be able to permanently disable the banners that would be great. Please also consider going back to a native app for the next major release. SwiftUI is getting pretty good.

• Thank you for the feedback @user12345 I've shared it with the team.

ref: IDEA-I-2378

This discussion has been closed.