Any way to merge entries?

Options
aphonic
aphonic
Community Member

In trying to keep things organised I find I have several generated passwords and an entry that I would consider correct. Is there a way to merge the probably historically generated passwords into the correct entry for one timeline rather than many individual partial entries? Ideally on iOS but if I can do it on Mac OS or windows that would be adequate.

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello @aphonic! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry that you're seeing duplicate items in 1Password. We do have an open feature request for a tool that would allow users to merge items and, while I can't make any promises, I've added your vote there so that our product team is aware that this is something that you'd like to see.

For the moment, the best option is to make sure that you have a Login Item for that website/account that contains all of the information that you need to keep. Then you can delete the other items.

Thank you for the suggestion. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PSS-I-25

• soyrobin
    soyrobin
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P, I was looking for a merge feature, and came across at least 8 request threads in the community over the years (this being the most recent one). Gmail has a 'merge contacts' feature and a similar solution would be a great addition for 1Password (in any shape or form). Use cases that have already been mentioned are different URLs for one service, but I for example also have imported passwords in the past from a browser that ended up generating duplicates in my vaults. Also, sometimes app logins don't merge with website logins, etc. etc. There are more usecases than you'd think.
    Long story short, put me down for +10!

• @soyrobin

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the product team. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• fmb
    fmb
    Community Member
    Options

A merge feature in 1Password would be great.
    A the possibility to turn a text into as password, which was supported by former versions of 1Password, would be good, too.

• @fmb

Thank you for the suggestions! I've passed along your request for the ability to change a text field into a password field to the team.

A merge feature in 1Password would be great.

Before I file a feature request on your behalf for this, can you tell me how you would use such a merge feature? How did you end up with entries that would need to be merged, are they login items for the same website?

-Dave

ref: PB-32145855

• fmb
    fmb
    Community Member
    Options

I stored infos on a site in a secure note. Later, I was given an account to this site and stored the username and login in a login entry. I then had to copy item after item all infos from the secure note to the login entry. I came to my mind that a merge like in address books would be useful. Another reason is that some web sites can be accessed from different URI what sometimes lead to several login entries that one would like to merge.

• @fmb

Thank you for posting details about your use case for a merge feature. While I can't promise anything, I've filed a feature request on your behalf with our product team. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-32149577

• Bsauer35
    Bsauer35
    Community Member
    Options

Would also love to have a merge feature!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Bsauer35

Thank you for adding your voice, I've passed along your request to the team. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-34229603

This discussion has been closed.