So many Samsung compatibility issues on 8. Why no option to get 7 until fixed?

Options
KE2023wew
KE2023wew
Community Member

I've been reading through the threads and saw a recurring theme of problems with biometrics and no PIN options on Samsung devices. I was lucky enough to get version 7 when I signed up last year. It has worked great on my Samsung Galaxy S9+. I also have the v8 on the same phone but never use it because I hate the interface. Now I also have a Samsung Tab A7 Lite. Since there's no option for v7, I had to download v8 and discovered that I have to enter my very long password every time I use it. Very frustrating. 1Password, give us the V7 option, please!

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• AntonioSTM
    AntonioSTM
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password team really dropped the ball with Samsung devices, and by the non-existant response to Your issue, seems that they are also ignoring support (seems they are becoming LastPass), they should have a specific version for Samsung devices that We could download from the Samsung app store. I had the same problem as You, I have a 1Password family account and We own several Samsung devices like Galaxy Tab S8 and Fold and I just had to downgrade to 1Password7.

You can do this by:
    1. Unistall 1Password8
    2. Open the Google Play Store
    3. Touch Your Profile Picture to display the Profile Menu popup
    4. Touch the Manage Apps And Devices option
    5. Touch the tab Manage
    6. Touch the filter and select the Not Installed option
    7. **1Password7 **should appear, touch it to display its detail
    8. Touch the Install button
    9. Done

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    Options

Any idea if this will work also on a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016)? I reviewed the steps to install Android 12 from AOS and saw a lot of "brick-worthy" opportunities. So even though it is a moderately old device, LastPass used to work fine on it. So, I tend to agree on the dearth of Samsung support here.

• AntonioSTM
    AntonioSTM
    Community Member
    Options

I asume it would, but can't offer real proof or any pointing guides because at the moment I dont own any Galaxy Tab A devices, but I can confirm that on Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and S8+, Z Fold4 and Z Filp4 worked just on My old Z Fold3 didnt I asume it was because I never installed 1Password on it.

• Hi @KE2023wew, @AlmoEnd, @AntonioSTM, thanks for sharing your concerns and my apologies for the delay in response as we respond to the high volumes after the holidays.

@KE2023wew, while Biometric issues can certainly pop up I haven't encountered a recurring issue on Samsung devices with a fingerprint scanner. If Biometric unlock isn't working consistely on your device you can start by resetting it, then following up with us:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon (on a tablet, tap ☰ first).
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. If on, tap Biometric unlock off.
    5. Tap Biometric unlock on.
    6. Tap back and close the Settings menu.
    7. Tap the account or collection icon > Lock (on a tablet, tap ☰ if the sidebar was closed).
    8. Enter your account password and unlock 1Password.

Let us know how that goes!

You also mentioned the interface isn't ideal for you. Could you share any additional details on that point? I'd be happy to pass it along to the team.

@Antonio, thanks for weighing in. I'm sorry you've been running into issues on your devices as well! I'll note that 1Password 7 is no longer supported and is unavailable except to those who had previously installed it.

As you mentioned a few different issues on a few different devices I'd like to ask you to reach out to us directly via email at support@1password.com so we can help resolve them. Please include a brief description of the issue.

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our automated responder, with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. You can post that here so I can help make sure your message gets to the right place. If you've already contacted us via email, lets continue the conversation there. Thanks again!

@AlmoEnd, to my knowledge the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 supports Android 9 to 11 so 1Password 8 for Android should be available for installation. Could you share any additional details about what isn't working on your tablet?

• AlmoEnd
    AlmoEnd
    Community Member
    Options

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) IMHO doesn't support >8 without rooting/bootloader tricks.

• Apologies @AlmoEnd , I was looking at the 2019 model. 1Password 7 for Android is discontinued and if you have not previously installed that app, it is no longer available. On devices that cannot be updated to Android 9, you can access 1Password data through the browser on 1Password.com.

This discussion has been closed.