Can't get Autofill to work on a Pixel 5

agnieder
agnieder
Community Member

Hi, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but after some modest searching I haven't yet found closure on this. I am setting up a Pixel 5 and wish to enable Autofill for 1Password. When I go into 1Password's settings -> Autofill and click Autofill (first option) a popup says "We use Android's Autofill details about the text fields displayed onscreen to save and fill your logins and other information... To allow 1Password to use Autofill, open system settings, and tap 1Password."

I tried doing this and I could not find a 1Password option in my "system settings", although I admit I'm not even entirely sure what that refers to. (Is it... home -> Settings -> System? Because that didn't have a 1Password option to tap anywhere.)

Anyway, any help would be appreciated here. Thanks;

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• JimMxxx
    JimMxxx
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

I have a Pixel 5a and it works fine on my phone. go to the settings menu and search for "autofill service". 1Password should be one of the choices in there and just select it as your preferred provider and that should do it, I think. Hope that helps.

• Hi there @agnieder

As @JimMxxx has suggested (thanks!), you'll need to choose 1Password as your auto-fill service in Settings. Here's what to do:

1. Open the Settings app on your Pixel.
    2. Tap "Passwords and accounts".
    3. Under "Auto-fill service", tap the current option (which could be None), then choose 1Password.
    4. Confirm your choice in the pop-up that appears.

Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• agnieder
    agnieder
    Community Member

Sorry, but my Pixel 5 does not have a "Passwords and accounts" option when I go to "Settings".

It has an "Accounts" option, but I don't see "Auto-fill service" or anything resembling it when I go there.

Nor do I see something resembling "Auto-fill service" under the "Privacy" option, or the "Security" option.

When I search for "auto" within "Settings" the only thing that looks like it might be correct is "Autofill services from Google", which seems to be a yes/no toggle as to whether to allow Google to autofill passwords. (As opposed to any other app.)

So sorry, I'm still at a loss here.

• Hi @agnieder, thanks for following up with us.

After tapping Autofill on in 1Password for Android you mentioned seeing a popup that says "We use Android's Autofill details about the text fields displayed..." At the bottom of that popup do you have the option to tap "Cancel" or "Open Settings"? If 1Password is in a dark theme it may be hard to see but the "Open Settings" option is on the bottom right corner.

After tapping "Open Settings" do you see a menu similar to this:

If so, you can select 1Password to set it as the Autofill service (there are two 1Password entries here as I had 7 and 8 installed on a testing device). If not, let us know what is listed in this menu. If 1Password does not appear in the list I'd also like to ask if you're running in developer mode or using a custom ROM. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.