guide (automate?) if breavches have been detected?

with the impact of lastpass i am thinking if a pw manager is capeable / should be capeable of assisting users much more to recover from a breached situation.

is this something the 1pw product team is thinking of?

considering the situation of a bigger breach (for whatever reason) the recovery is an organizational challenge where i think pw managers could help better.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello there @Christian_XYZR,

Thanks for bringing up the topic of best practices to follow after a security breach. As you may imagine, we have a number of security minded staff with strong opinions on this topic. In November of 2022, we wrote a blog article: How the Tech Industry Should Be Responding to Data Breaches with general advice for the tech industry, but I think a lot of the information can be applied to any organization.

1Password also offers some tools that can help with security breaches, such as:

Anything much more specific than we’re already doing is generally the purview of specific consulting companies, who can work with an organization to understand their security model, risks, and priorities as they relate to a specific security incident. If you have any feature requests for things that you think 1Password could do to help, let me know and I'd be glad to share it with the team.

If your organization has been involved in a breach and needs help, send an email to support@1password.com and mention this community post. I can't promise that we're able to help, but we may be able to give some general advice or referrals to get you started.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions or ideas for the team.

This discussion has been closed.