To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Duplicate Passwords

mrempel
mrempel
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Memberships

When importing my passwords from LastPass it duplicated all of them. How do I solve this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:When importing my passwords from LastPass it duplicated all of them

Comments

• mrempel
    mrempel
    Community Member

I actually corrected it myself. I deleted the vault, then, instead of copying and pasting the LastPass csv file, I just selected the file from it's location on my computer and it didn't duplicate any of my passwords.

• mrempel
    mrempel
    Community Member

I lied, that didn't solve the issue. Now it shows triplicates! How do I delete the initial private vault that has the duplicates!?!?

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Hello,
    Do you have one or several vaults?
    To delete a vault, click "Vaults" in the sidebar.
    Then right click on the vault you want to delete > Delete the Vault
    You cannot delete the main vault
    You can read this : https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults/#edit-a-vault

• Hello @mrempel! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! I'm sorry that you're seeing multiple copies of your items. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so our concierge team can help you get things in order. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• shapiro49
    shapiro49
    Community Member

Hey just curious if support was able to solve it? I have a similar issue (1 vault) and am under the impression that there's no way other than manual one-by-one deleting duplicates...

• @shapiro49

Thanks for posting! I recommend sending an email to the team using the instructions that I wrote above so that the team can help: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/671374/#Comment_671374

Let me know the Support ID once you've sent in an email and I'll make sure that your support request has made it to the right team. 🙂

-Dave

• shapiro49
    shapiro49
    Community Member

All good @Dave_1P I was wrong it was 2 vaults - I moved all recently updated logins to vault 1 and then deleted vault 2. That leaves me with just a handful of duplicates to clean up. No ticket required.

• @shapiro49 – We'll be here if you need us, so keep us posted on how things go. :)

• Giray
    Giray
    Community Member

Hoping to keep this thread alive. We need a way to resolve duplicates!

This discussion has been closed.