1Password 7 constantly crashing when saving a secure note (fresh Windows install)

Hi,

I have a problem with 1Password 7. I just reinstalled Windows 10. There is only a very limited number of programs installed like Dropbox, Plex, Netflix and the drivers for the computer. Every time, and I mean every time, if I even open a Secure Note for editing and change nothing, just press Save, the application crashes to desktop. I could really use some help please.

1Password Version: 7.9.832
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10 (22H2)
Browser:_ n/a

Comments

• Hello @CrashDDL,

I'm sorry to hear of the crashing problems you are experiencing with 1Password 7 for Windows when editing and saving a Secure Note. With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can continue to use 1Password 7 to the best of your ability, it’s best to use the latest version of 1Password that includes all the latest features and security updates, so you should upgrade to 1Password 8 for Windows when you have the chance.

If there anything that we can do to assist you with upgrading to 1Password 8, please reach out to our team via email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. They'd be happy to help you get setup with a 1Password account and migrating any data as needed.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here and we'd be happy to get you in touch with the appropriate team. Thanks!

• CrashDDL
    CrashDDL
    Community Member

Where can I download previous version of the 1Password 7? Is there an archive? I am looking for earlier than 7.9.832.

• Juiceof2limes
    Juiceof2limes
    Community Member

It's funny how this frustrating bug crept in on the last update to version 7 before version 8 became available. Almost as if they are forcing as to the new version that doesn't have standalone vaults. It's not just updating notes, updating logins causes the crash as well.

You can find previous versions from the release notes - https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6

This discussion has been closed.