1password installer app

plouffejj
plouffejj
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

I have the 1Password installer app in my downloads directory, when I moved it to the trash, I got a notice (from CleanMyMac) that it was removed incorrectly and needed to be uninstalled. Where does this app belong? Do I move it to the applications directory, or perform the uninstall?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.7.2
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @plouffejj

If it's the installer itself, move it to the trash. We do not recommend allowing cleanup apps near your data. They've occasionally become overzealous and removed too much including user data. We do not want that to occur. If it offers to assist you with the process do not accept the offer.

Start by checking to make sure 1Password is in your Applications folder. If so, move the installer to the trash. It sounds as if CMM is considering the installer an app not an installer.

• plouffejj
    plouffejj
    Community Member

@ag_tommy
    Thanks for that tip. I have moved it to the trash and then emptied the trash folder. I'm assuming it was an installer for 1Password 8, but not positive on that fact. It does show up in the CMM "Uninstaller" section. Did the installer actually "install" something when it was first used?

• @plouffejj

If you downloaded our installer from this page then, when run, the installer would have downloaded and installed 1Password 8 onto your Mac. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.