1Password for Mac 8.9.11 (80911019): Autofill issue with Safari (German)

Options
Terylon
Terylon
Community Member

Hello Community. In the settings I have used command-# for the autofill function. But it does not work properly when 1P was not released before. After login in 1P, instead of autofill an empty search box appears over the Safari window. Thank you for your help or ideas.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @Terylon

It sounds as if Quick Access is appearing Can you confirm that you used command + # for autofill and not quick access? If that's not fruitful can you try another shortcut as a test? Does it respond correctly? In your title you mentioned German. May I ask if that is the region your keyboard uses?

• Terylon
    Terylon
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Please see my settings in the screenshot. I tried other shortcuts but without success (I have no idea which to use). And now, after the test, command-# is not longer working. Oh oh.

I mentioned German, because my keyboard has a German layout.

• crashrox
    crashrox
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. If I hit the auto-fill shortcut in 1Password 7 while in an app or browser it would fill the credential field automatically. Now in 1Password8 it just opens an empty search box and you need to type the app or website name.

• @Terylon @crashrox

Can you set the desired shortcut and then completely quit 1Password followed by a start and let me know if that helps. There is a slightly different issue uncovered recently and I wonder if they are somehow related.

Quit:

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select Quit.
    2. Quit your browser for good measure then open 1Password.
    3. Try the shortcut.
  • Terylon
    Terylon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy thanks for the hint. Now it seems to work. I will come back, if this issue appears again.

But: Quick access pops up if there a more than one login in data sets available. I expect the same behavior as a click into the empty form:

Thank you!

• Terylon
    Terylon
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy It happens again on papersisters.com. Typing command-# opens the Quick access pop up instead of completing the form. At the end I had to click with the mouse into the e-mail-address field and then into the entry of 1P. Is this an issue of the site and not of 1P?

• To my understanding that is the correct behavior. If only one entry exists it is filled. Additional entries cause Quick Access to show. Once it shows you should be able to arrow to the correct entry and press return. That should fill the details.

This discussion has been closed.