1Password for Mac 8.8.0 unable to move fields around

Options
1235»

Comments

• ikjadoon
    ikjadoon
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, your timing is nearly impeccable, OP, and you have seriously waited too long. I just started using 1P a month ago, and man, being unable to re-order fields is really a loss, especially with the massive variety of items.

The good news, I hope: On 11 Jan, 1P empoloyee @MrRooni posted a demo, noting the reorder fields feature is nearly done.

The comment text:

Hey folks 🙂 Thanks for all the feedback and messages here. We've been working on adding the ability to reorder for a little bit now and while we still need to do some final code review before it becomes available for testing, I think I can share a preview here. Enjoy!

https://share.1password.com/s#mFY9mp2EGvCC5t2OI9Tx4U736EoIxyNFk07HXTRvuSA

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing that here, @ikjadoon.

Please can you also remove the company name I stated in my original post. Maybe **** it out or something. Thanks.

Ben

• bthoma
    bthoma
    Community Member
    Options

WAIT A SECOND Y'ALL! Did I just see that this has been updated in the latest release?!

• bthoma
    bthoma
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

So, I just tried this out and it works great! I can drag fields between sections, within sections, and drag & drop to move sections, keeping their associated fields with them while they move. Totally the expected functionality and what was available in 1Password 7.

I will say it's a bit odd that "website" is locked and you can't move a section above it, but I kind of get why. Either way, this flexibility makes 1Password so much more user-friendly (again!).

Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @bthoma! Indeed, we've been working hard to bring this functionality to 1Password 8. I've shared your comments with the team assigned to this project. Hopefully we'll be able to deliver on website field re-ordering soon as well. 🤞🏻

Ben

This discussion has been closed.